Wednesday, October 10, 2007

T-shirt samples now available...and letter I sent to the Copyright Commission is attached as well

First idea I had. Okay maybe the word "smuggle" needs to be removed. Any suggestions?

I love this one..

This is my favorite. I told y'all I ain't gonna marry an ugly chick

I think there's a niche market for this: Pregnant ladies!


To Whom It May Concern:

Potential impact of copyrighted material on Nigeria

It was brought to my attention that some sort of note was required to facilitate the copyrighting of my t-shirt inscriptions, so this is it. Firstly, let me state the PC version people want to hear: The t-shirts were wholly manufactured and printed in Nigeria, thus contributing my share to make Nigeria one of the world’s largest economies by 2020. Are we good? Cool, now let me explain the reason I embarked on this venture.

The t-shirt inscription ideas came about in 2005 after an incumbent state governor was arrested in a foreign country on charges of money laundering. What was one to think? I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. Worse, when the dude ‘found his way back’ to the country he was celebrated as a hero in his state. This was supposed to be what democracy brought us?! No shame at the actions of an alleged embezzler? I was mad at the country, mad at our rulers - okay maybe being robbed in traffic did not go some way to alleviating my sombre outlook on the state of Nigeria – but I was beyond angry.

I discussed my frustrations with a bunch of people and they just laughed and uttered the mandatory “This is the way things are in Nigeria, what else do u expect” line. It was then I decided I needed an outlet to pour out my frustrations, hence t-shirt inscriptions. I mean if we as a people are wont to laugh in the face of adversity then what better way than on a tight-fitting canvas. This way when people admire the t-shirts - and my biceps – they also go away with a message.

Someone once said, Make the people laugh and once their mouths are open slip in the truth. This is what I hope to accomplish with my brand of inscriptions. It is about time we had an active debate on Nigeria’s ills, don’t you think?

Yours faithfully,

Tunde

1 Comments:

Blogger Chellgrove Office Chairs said...

Tunde, Your T-Shirts are hilarious! Do you have any more to show us? Please!!!??

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Comments-[ comments.]